A two-day, 20-hour immersion course in rules of engagement for armed law-abiding private citizens, emphasizing legal issues, tactical issues, and aftermath management. Topics will include interacting with suspects, witnesses, responding police officers…threat recognition and mind-set…management of social and psychological aftermath after having had to use lethal force in defense of self or others…and preparing beforehand for legal repercussions and minimizing exposure to them. Situations in the home, at the place of business, or “on the street” will all be covered.
Saturday, June 24, 2017 & Sunday, June 25, 2017
Classes start at 8:30 AM both days and go until about 6:30 PM.
Location: Central City American Legion
6 Central City Rd, Central City
Cost: $400 SIGN UP HERE
Previous students $200 SIGN UP HERE
What Do I bring?
- Note taking materials. Pen & Paper/Laptop (you may also want to bring an extension cord/power strip) Audio/video recording of the class is NOT allowed.
- If legal to do so, student may be armed in the classroom, but there will be no handling of firearms in the lecture setting.
- This class is lecture only, there will not be any live fire.
- There will not be an actual “lunch break” – it will be more like a “take notes while you eat” deal. So bring food and beverages for the day. Otherwise, we will take a pizza order for those who don’t want to bring lunch.
- We cannot guarantee the comfort of the chairs, so if that might be an issue for you feel free to bring a cushion to sit on or a chair from home.
A registration form and payment must be returned/faxed to Cedar Valley Outfitters prior to class. Contact us for more information. 319.447.6140
Click here to sign up.